And talking about plugins, our brilliant team of plugin makers have never forgotten to create a voice chat solution you can integrate in your website. Here I am going to share you another awesome VOIP solution for WordPress that works like Skype. This voice chat plugin for WordPress is free, requires no coding, and is ideally recommended for anyone who wants to talk or engage with their readers directly on a website.
Free Web Conferencing Tool, Voice Chat Plugin For WordPress
If you haven't heard about OpenTok yet, it is a video chat platform that enables site owners to host live, group video conversations, online conferences for free. It is a flagship product of TokBox that simplifies the creation of robust, and multi-way video chat application for free. Think of OpenTok as a web version of Skype, where you can invite your readers for a live discussion directly on your website.
This free voice chat plugin for WordPress comes with incredible features such as:
- Live Presence Indicator - notifies you of the number of individuals currently on your site
- Quick "Start a Chat" button - accessible only to you as the admin
- Ability to chat with 10 participants simultaneously while hundreds can watch
- Full control over who stays and who must leave
- Simple installation means your plugin is up and running in seconds
OpenTok can be useful when you want to:
- host live panels
- interview relevant individuals
- Q&A sessions with your readers
- moderate hot topic discussions
- make a public announcements/breaking news
I like the simplicity of OpenTok, and if you're comfortable with web programming you can even get through the core and get a more customized web-based video chat app courtesy of OpenTok. Visit OpenTok for WordPress plugin page for more info.