This article will walk you through on how to permanently delete “Recycler” folder and persistent .BAT files, .EXEs, and other undeletable files in minutes.
Deleting undeletable file/folder using notepad
The simplest way to delete an undeletable file/folder is to create the same file/folder within that directory using only your native notepad. Here’s how:
1. Open your Notepad by clicking Start>Run and type Notepad. This should launch a new Notepad document.
2. Optionally, you can type anything in your Notepad but leaving it blank will do.
3. Click File and Save As. This should open a Save As dialog.
4. Locate the directory where your undeletable file/folder is.
5. On the ‘File Type’ box, choose All Files.
6. Click once on the undeletable file you want to force delete and its filename should appear in ‘File Name’ box (e.g. Autorun.inf).
7. Put a double quote (“) at the start and end of the file name. This instructs Notepad to overwrite it. So from Autorun.inf, it should now be ”Autorun.inf”. Then, hit Save.
Notepad should now prompt you to overwrite the existing file, just choose Yes and that’s it! You can now delete an undeletable file/folder as normal.
You can find more tips and tutorials here.